We Have Finished The North...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Erawan NP
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone! Great to read all your comments as usual and we are glad you are liking the photos.
After a hard night of dancing we spent all day in Nong Khai town. We arranged to meet Som at the river at 6pm but we couldnt find him. We walked up and down for a few hours and then we decided to get a tuk tuk back. However it turned out that Soms wfe went to pick us up and she couldnt find us and so she called the police as she was really worried! Oops! As it was Soms "45th?!?" birthday we all went out to celebrate and yes we had to do more dancing and more eating!
The next day we went around the town again and in the evening we played cards with the son. We managed to teach him the traditional McAleer game of 'Hi Queen'. However he gave it a new twist and replaced old actions with new actions throughout the game which made it even more confusing than normal! Also we played Pairs and he again added a new twist which was to continually move the cards around so it was very hard to get a pair!!
We got on the bus to Bangkok the next day and most of the crowd came to the bus stop to wave us off which was very nice. We also got goodbye presents from them too! As Som and his wife were going to Bangkok too they treated us to a first class bus! It was heaven - just like being on a plane with free snacks.

We are now in Kancanaburi. When we arived we did the Death Railway museum, part of the Death Railway and the cemetry which was all very interesting. The construction of the railway killed about 100,000 people during the end of the war so it was all quite sad.
Yesterday and today we did National Parks. Yesterday we saw a so called waterfall which was more like a trickle but luckily the train journey there was great and they had good trails and scenery at the park (see pictures). We also got given a whole bag of fruit by a monk on the way back from the National Park which was very nice of him.

Today Bobby woke up and found a snake in our room. So she trod on it like the brave Bobby she is but it didnt die and it slithered off. We havent found it since! In the National Park today there was one massive waterfall divided up into 7 smaller waterfalls which were lovely (see pictures). As well as the waterfall being the attraction, so were we. One family became obsessed with taking photos with us, them and the waterfalls. They took a good 20 of us!?!

We are heading back to Bangkok tommrow to go down South.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



24th June 2006

ooh nice scenery
hello, dropped off ur mum at train station this morning and id imagine shes probably over eastern europe by now. She very excited about seeing you two tomorrow. She bought some mags for you to read..ive read the heat mag she is bringing u..some interesting stories there..dont believe the one about Britney Spears...although I do wish it was true...as will u. Nice everyone came to say goodbye to you. Lovely pics as always. Anyway have good time in Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan and all the other Koh's...do u know that means island?
25th June 2006

Hi Queens
Snakes, Monks sharing food, being photographed by the locals, hige water features and travelling first class on a bus - you certainly are living!! I especially like the image of you teaching the Thai's Hi Queen - any photos of it or the familly who took loads of pics of you?
26th June 2006

hello
I'm really jealous that you're off doing exciting things so I'm trying to think of things to make you jealous. I saw Mr Azzopardi last wednesday hahaha. Oh and I'm seeing darius next tuesday. yay! I'm glad you're having a good time! Don't get eaten by snakes.
30th June 2006

Rumbled
I agree with elderly John. The scenic views look just like they were taken in the Rookery at Streatham Common? The death railway looks like the Crystal Palace - Birkbeck loop and the crowd scenes are full of Acme Ltd B listers. Bobby, you have been rumbled

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb