Ranakpur- a fresh delight


Advertisement
Asia
January 9th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a week of picking black boogers out of my nose and a chest infection only Indians can handle we head East to a small mountain side village by the name of Ranakpur!

Driving away from desert sands i cant help but be overwhelmed by the fresh moisture of greenery and mustard flowers running for acres. As dusk sets in the mountains become closer in my vision and we pull into a small cottage name Roopam which resembles a mexican terracotta cottage and a countryside B&B. The service was fabulous and the people pleasant, although being that far away from civilisation the venue could charge whatever price they liked! The bonus was that we could hear wildlife again; crickets by night and birds bymorning (although I was told the next morning there are leopards and bears around!)

After we left our cottage retreat and headed for Udaipur we drove into the mounain side and were delighted to find a delish little restaurant by the name of Harmony restaurant. The tranquil settin, mountain drand buffet menu could not please either of us better! It was homecooked food meet traditional cooked food.

Mr Maclhan spoke to us as though we were friends and taught us about his 4 generation business passed down to him by hs father. They cook and warm the buffet dishes heated and served in Handi (ceremic bowls/pots). He told us 'pleae pass along our business to your friends.. and this is one i will highly recommend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb