The beauty hidden in the desert!


Advertisement
Asia
January 8th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We travel South East from the desert and find ourselves landed in the city Johpur (the blue city) where we encounter a fort built by slaves that I can only be gobsmacked by... the size of this fort makes me feel as though I am no more then a fly place n this earth, but the real beauty lays in the forts history. The Mehrangarh fort was built in 1459 by slaves and walking through I cannot help but ntice the weathered destruction of enemy cannon ball seiges.

We are told that the state and territorries pf this time we fought for by kings and the forts of each state were under attack quite regularly. I place my hand over a dent left by a cannonball and find its hard to believe that this was all the damage one could do.. this fort was obviously strong.

The fort peaks beyond the city of Johpur and stands alone from any landmark for kilometres. It marks stories of love, lonliness and joy! We find an engraved mural of hands- A story later told by an old guide looking for 10 rupees is that the mural represents all the kings 11 wives who imprinted their hand on a wall after he was killed, too lonely and sad to live without him they sacriiced their lives to be at one with him in the afterlife. This kind of appreciation and love makes me wonder about ourselves; how much love could one human possess to do such a thing.

This brings me to te beauty of India: the people we have met here are both very good hearted people and very bad hearted people. We hav been tricked, we have be fooled, but there is a vas amount of people that are so genrous they bend over backwards for you.

We have a driver taking us through Rajasthan know as DP. He is wise, he is fun and above al he is respectful. A hindi by practice he has welcomed us into his families home, where they live 12 in one home, and are the happiest people! He has travelled he road of bad luck and bad fortune, losing a lot in his life but now he has shown us that the beauty in life lies inside ones self. He has truely been a pleasure to hang with!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb