What day is it?


Advertisement
Asia
November 10th 2011
Published: November 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok well sorry for the long delay... Due to inundation in Bangkok our wifi was out and i didn't want to have to rush things bc I was being charged ... I know I'm cheap but it's a budget trip. Since my last update we moved to khao sahn road in Bangkok. It's a crazy street that's open all day with shops and all night with bars, aka way too easy to spend way too much money! And we did. However, we did hang out with some really amazing people out there. First, we met this gigantic frenchman named Ludo, who is freaking awesome, after we spent a million dollars at the moon bar (moon bar has amazing views of Bangkok with really over priced drinks and a dress code that Kristen didn't fit 😞 ). Anyway, New BFF!!! and we spent the whole next day having an adventure with him. Ludo basically turned into our tour guide for the day with his map of magic. We got to see the reclining Buddha that is I believe 46 meters long, and this gorgeous wat ( crap I'll get the name later) but it was the most beautiful in my opinion. It's across the river and surprisingly we were able to go there by ferry, and in the process got a first hand look at the devastion caused by the flooding. Even though it's being pumped out, the water still stands about waste deep.
From what we are seeing on the news now we got out of Bangkok just in time, the main highway to the city is about to be flooded which will pretty much isolate the city. Luckily we still had the option to take the train out of Bangkok but it was running painfully slow. 18.5 hours later we finally made it to Chiang Mai.
Ok so to finish up adventure of Bangkok... Kristen has a friend from north carolina, Ben, that just happens to be traveling in Thailand as well, so we meet up with him and Ludo and spend the night drinking until hmmmm 8 am. Basically, next day shot, but oh well our new buddy Ludo had a pool at his guesthouse that we all just helped ourselves to. Ludo left to go travel the islands and me and the keeks hang out with Ben some more and get a mother load of useful information for our trip. Thank u Ben!
I think that was basically it for Bangkok ... To be honest it all kind of blurred together and by the 8th we were definitely ready to leave. But I do have some great new friends and memories to take with me. And hopefully ill be meeting up with some of them again in Chiang Mai!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb