Jakarta INdonesia


Advertisement
Asia
September 27th 2011
Published: September 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

How can one person smell so bad? Sitting in the airport, reading my book, minding my own business when the smelliest stench of BO wafts into my nose. Tristan smells himself, I smell under my arms.. we look around sniffing, it’s the Asian man behind us. How can one not smell himself?

The Jakarta airport has got to be one of the ugliest airports in Asia. It’s very outdated, low ceilings, old carts and baggage trams etc. As we walk out the arrival gate we have to swat the greedy taxi drivers away like flies. On the plane we read that Blue Bird is a reputable taxi company. The Tourist Info booth confirmed this. Could we find Blue Bird when we got outside the arrival doors? Of course not! Finally we just asked the greedy taxi drivers and they grumbly pointed us in the right direction. Sure enough, there was a line of 10 people waiting to use the same service. A local told us that the other companies tell you its one price, then tack on unnecessary fees at the destination. You’d think the other companies would learn that by being honest, they’d get more clientele, and furthermore make more profit, rather than be douches and make a hefty ripped off sum from a poor insecure tourist.
First impression of Jakarta, we are definitely back in Asia. Its more chaotic here than Malaysia and Singapore. We figured out directions to the train station and purchased our ticket to Bandung for tomorrow. After we had a snack at a Malay restaurant then went to sleep.

No photos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb