Bandung Indonesia


Advertisement
Asia
September 28th 2011
Published: September 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bandung is known for its shopping and outlet malls. A lot of people from Jakarta come here on weekends and holidays to shop. We didn’t know this when we first decided to come. It’s also known for its culinary dishes.

People get creative while panhandling through the cars in Bandung. One guy had 3 monkeys on leashes that would jump up on to peoples motorbikes with a can begging for money. They are probably trained to only get down when they hear coins plunk into the can. Another young boy was carrying around a ukulele. We stayed safe in our taxi, windows rolled up, looking from afar.
We caught a cab to ‘Jean Street’ which was chaotic and not pedestrian friendly. Not really interested in anything we jumped in another cab to the street with a lot of outlet malls. UH OH…..Tris found quite a few things, I found ONE. Can you believe it? Tris got a hat, fox collared shirt, 3 pairs of dirtbike gloves, and I got a shirt + an Affliction shirt for my brother (it cost $6!)

I started talking with an Australian girl whose step mother is Indonesian. I asked her what is the easiest way to go to see the volcanoes. She said the easiest is to rent a car and guide. So we’ve talked with one of her friends and set up to head out tomorrow at 9am.

No photos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb