Week one!


Advertisement
Asia
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well ive been away for over a week now, and Im already losing track of days its going really quickly i settled in so fasst! When I first arrived in Dubai on my own it was a little nerve wracking, but i threw myself into the sightseeing and I started to feel like Julia Roberts in Eat Pray Love, on my own journey of self discovery and all that! Im already having the time of my life and want to continue this lifestyle forever! Taking a gap year was the best thing I ever did.

So I got to Dubai and had less than 24hrs to see as much as possible. I arrived to a gorgeous 4* hotel at 11pm and went straight to bed. The next morning I made the most of the free brekkie and pool, and booked onto a tour that would take 4 hours and was the perfect amount of time before i had to get back to the airport. In that time I rode a camel, saw the 7* hotel, went to thew most beautiful beaches, saw palaces and allsorts... Then it was back to the airport and onto Thailand via Mumbai airport, bit scary but i managed to make my way around and bumped into George and Rosie at the airport and it turned out a load of us werer on the same flight!

We all eventually arrived in Thailand throughout the first day, starting in Khoa San Road in Bangkok! Most amazing place! The weather was a shock its unbelievably hot and humid. The nightlife there was brill tho! I cant believe how cheap everything is here. Clothes are little more than 2 quid so im already stocking up on dresses and new clothes so i can throw my old stuff out. We find oursdelves bartering over absolute pennies its crazy.

After Bangkok weve moved onto Kanchanaburi, and omg the hotel is crazy beautiful! Its on the edge of the river, massive slightly too hot pool, air con rooms, bar and restaurant, palm trees etc its just gorgeous i wasnt expecting such luxury! The strip of bars here is a little quiet there arent many other travellers but its giving the group time to bond and everyone is getting on so well its fab i love them all! Plenty of games of never have i ever and a bit of drunken skinny dipping last night after a party with unlimited booze and we are definately all a little closer now!

So far then, Igve eaten a million meals of Thai food, and its so yum, but my stomach has hurt constantly so yesterday we found a tesco! I had a massive binge on 3 dohnuts, bag of sweets, cheese and crackers, and a choc milkshake! I was one very happy girl 😊 We did have a go at cooking Thai food the other day! My and Lindz were awesome at it the food we ate was beautiful. Shame i cant cook that well at home really.

We had a go at meditating yesterday, a buddhist monk was teaching us. I realised just how poor my attention span is i was away with the fairies for most of it daydreaming about just about everything. Emptying my mind is imposs. It was very relaxing though!

Weve visited Erawan waterfalls, walking right to the top and jumping in thje pools was gorgeous. It so humid htough by half way up we were all so sweaty it weas literally dripping off us! I didnt khnow it was poss to have sweat running down my legs and off my nose! gross as it sounds tho you do get used to it and we are all exactly the same. We are constantly cooling off in the pool or at waterfalls etc so its fine.

Weve done so much this past week its already blurring into one! Its so hard to keep up with blogs and scrap books but I will update you all as often as I can.

Miss you all lots! Hope your all well!!!!!!

All my love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb