Its going too fast!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
May 17th 2011
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow this trip is going fast! Im over half way through thailand now, before I know it Ill be in Australia and about half way to coming home! scary shit. Im certainly making the most of every second though. The bank balance is taking quite a hit, Ive already spent more than I wanted too in the country, mostly on drink :/ ooops, but I dont regret a thing. Thank god for emergency back up life savings haha.

So this past week, wow where to start, Ive been elephant trekking, working in schools doing my volunteer work, zorbing, zip lining, quad biking, meeting loooads of new people, and wierdly bumping into people ive known since primary school! Life is good 😊 .

Elephant trekking was incredible. everyone who knows me will know how animal crazy i am, and to have been with such beautiful animals was insane and something i will never forget. It did however unfortunately rain the entire time and my waterproof pockets flooded, breaking yet another digital camera so I am without one atm. I do break cameras in exciting ways though I have to say, the last one I broke sandboarding in Peru. Maybe thats a lesson, need to be mroe careful with my cam in strange foreign countries when doing strange foreign activities!

Im so glad i chose the volunteer option on this trip. This fortnight weve visited the Dream House, an orphanage where we cooked chicken for them, and the Nuns School, where Ive been doing teaching and childcare, aswell as some painting and lots of playing games with the kids. Its been just lovely. The kids are all different ages so its difficult to teach them all the same. Some of them know absolutely loads of english and can pick things up super fast, others are too young but with the constant stream of volunteers going through Im sure theyll learn eventually. Painting their bedroom felt really worthwhile. 25 kids all sleep there. in these hand built wooden bunk beds if thats what you can even call them, with a few blankets and cushions. We made the room look much cleaner and brighter with a bit of paint on the walls. Plus Im so used to decorating and living on a building sight at home, I feel quite at home here too!

We decided to have a party on friday, and all wore togas we made out the hostels bed sheets and safety pins, with belts given to us by a monk when we had a meditation lesson. I felt like a grecian goddess! Of course a few bottles of vodka and a round of ring of fire later and i was a lot les gracious and incredibly drunk but it was brilliant 😊

The next day we had a free day, most of which was spent in bed recovering, but the following day we went to the Nature Club. Best day yet! There was a beautiful lake to swim in, the weather was boiling so we could sunbathe on the side, and the activities were just incredible! First we did zorbing, where you sit in a giant inf;atable ball filled with water and get pushed down a hill. You get thrown about everywhere its such fun! Its something Ive wanted to do all my life, and cost just 6 pounds! Thailand is so cheap for things like that! Next we did the zip lines. The first one was meant to be the slow one, still it was such a rush, i think im becoming quite an adrenaline junkie 😊 The next line was faster, the one after that you would bounce back at the end and slide up to the middle again, and the final one was the longest in Thailand at half a km. And as if all that wasnt enough for one day, a few of us went quad biking aswell! By this point it was raining and we got absolutely covered in mud but it was brilliant! The bikes were so powerful, and the complete lack of health and safety (chill mum its cool 😉) made it even more exciting. That was definately a day for the diary!

Im back at the Nuns School for a few days now, and then its onto the islands for the half moon party. CANNOT WAIT!!!! :D

love you allllllllllllllllllll xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb