Krabi, Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
March 13th 2011
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left Ko Lanta and headed to Krabi on 2 hour boat ride, really hot day so we sat at the front of the boat and got a little bit sunburn. I never learn.!!

We didn't stay on Krabi town but in place called Au Nang, bit more lively with lots of bars and great beaches.

First day we took a really long walk down to to the pier and found a really nice stretch of beach, weather was great so sunbathing and swimming all day. It was my brothers birthday so we decided it would be nice idea to collect stones/shells and write 'Happy Birthday' in the sand. Didn't realize how hard this would be in the sweltering heat.....but it looked really good in the end.

We bought a cheap bottle of White Spirit Vodka and lots of Red Bull and sat on the balcony with our cards playing drinking games. Shots of straight dodgy White Spirit Vodka is not good for you...it was like drinking turps! Staggered out and went to a Reggae bar called Coconut to watch a live band. They were really good, playing lots of well known covers (no Thai songs) and I found a really nice bottle of wine. Everyone's a winner!! :-)

Didn't do much in Krabi apart from eat, sleep, drink, sunbath.....it was great!! We only stayed for 2 days which was enough and we looking forward to getting to Ko Samui.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb