Ko Lanta,Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
March 9th 2011
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So left the crazy party island of Phi Phi and now on to the quite and chilled island of Ko Lanta.
Staying in a nice resort called the Lanta Palace, right on the beach, nice pool and bar but the bungalow rooms not the best. We had infestation of ants, numerous lizards and of course the mozi's...

We hired a moped for a couple of days as thought this was the best way to explore the island. The roads not too busy so I trusted Ryan on the back of his bike. :-)

We found some amazing view points and restaurants, we settled for a place called 'Moom' which was quite high up so had a great view of the sea so we stayed there to watch the sun set.

There was a festival on for a couple of days celebrating the kings anniversary, which was full of street stalls, lanterns, Thai music playing over the speakers, fire dancers, classic Thai dancers and children playing in their school music band.

As there was not much drinking/partying involved we treated ourselves to some nice meals, we went to a lovely place called Red Snapper which had a Tapas menu (nice change from rice & noodles) and got a Tapas Bloomer which was the biggest sandwich I have ever seen, it was HUGE (Ryan was delighted) it was full of salmon, salomi, meatballs, hams, cheese, salad everything.... It was delicious.

Ko lanta is a really nice island, great restaurants with nice mix of food but just a bit too quite for us. We stayed for 4 days, but this was just a bit too long.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb