Ko Samui, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 16th 2011
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a very long journey we finally arrived in Ko Samui. We got there quite late and went straight to our resort 'Jungle Club'. It is absolutely amazing, by far the best resort we have stayed at. It is high up in the mountains so getting up there is quite eventful. You have to go up in a 4x4 truck, it was like going on a safari through the windy roads and steep hills....a very bumpy ride, but is was all worth it when we arrived.

With being set so high up in the mountains it has the most breathtaking views looking over the island. It has an infinity pool that runs off the edge of the cliff and looks like its running into the sea. AMAZING. There is a really nice restaurant with great food and cocktails with lots of hidden dens dotted about the place with loads of comfortable cushions and best views of the resort. This place caters for all travel budgets, you can stay in the basic bamboo hut (were we stayed) or you can stay in an amazing stylish villa.

As you are bit far out from the town (you need to get a lift in the 4x4 to go down the mountain) we spent a lot of time just enjoying the resort, the pool and views. That was until the thunder storms decided to spoil our plans. Wow did it rain, it didn't stop for hours! So what else is there to do when it rains....DRINK!

We spent a few days down in the town, walking along the main strip with all the shops, pubs and clubs. Had a few nice meals and nights out and we found a Hagandaz ice cream restaurant (like a kid in a sweet shop) and got the best Ice Cream EVER. It was like a tower of ice cream and sorbet balls with waffles and hot chocolate sauce...OMG!! It must have been a gazillion calories, but was worth it.

We both had a bad stomach for a couple of days that wasn't so great and stopped us from heading to Ko Panang for the full moon party. After speaking to a few people that went to the full moon party and had some bad experience we didn't feel like we missed that much. Which is such a shame because I had a ball last time I went :-)

Ko Samui was great but think it was more the resort that made the good impression more so that the actual islandtself. Samui is a lot more commercial that we like but think that the Jungle club makes up for this and is well worth another visit..... wedding??????




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb