Day 3 in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Asia
January 28th 2011
Published: January 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A different evening with a great meal at the local Scout hut and a fantastic lazer show across the waterfront at Victoria harbour.
Perhaps I had better explain what I mean by the local scout hut. To be more exact it is a very palatial building and titled the Hong Kong Scouting Association. The first floor was accessed up a wide marble staircase where we found the Restaurant. The meal was a buffet with such a wide variety of options and choices that it would be hard not to satisfy even the most difficult of people such as me. Choices ranged from Suishi grilled meats. longestines etc. To go on to far would sound a bit extreme but the deserts were equally as sumptuous and even had a bread and butter pudding to die for. Those of you who know me will realise that I am somewhat of an expet on this desert.

And the lazer show was dynamic. All of the buildings across both sides of the waterfront were used to display beams across the sky and displays across the faces on the buildings, all set to music. It was enjoyed by masses of people and is a nightly event. This was of course followed by a few beers on the way back to the hotel.

The down side to date is that we are still suffering jet lag and did not sleep again last night. Therefore we were early for the airport and we are now checked in awaiting the next leg to Melbourne and on to Auckland. We should arrive at 05:30 local time and hopefully we will be sleeping on the way although should Shirley start to snore they might decide to make an emergency landing somewhere in the belief that an engine is failing.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th January 2011

Dad...I always had you down as the one that could spell out of the pair of you! Don't let me down ;0P ...and as for Mam's snoring they will no doubt think theyare having another earthquake in NZ (when you eventually get there!) xxx
6th February 2011

Fantastic photo's...... keep snapping and have a wonderful time xxx
8th February 2011

Kathryn
Glad to see that you are enjoying our poor photography.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb