First days in hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 27th 2011
Published: January 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! at last we have got entry to create the first real blog. It's going to be short as there is a time limit on this machine and eager people waiting behind me.
Let's get on with it. Well on our first day we travelled by train to Lantau Island, up early and away on a train ride. Then a bus (local service) across the island and up the mountain. The visit was to see the Big Buddha, something quite spectacular. A massive bronze structure at the top of a hill with some 400 steps. Ah but we were the first up there on the day, overtaking a chinese women near the top. The highlight of the feature for me was watching Shirley chat to the chinese lady on route with neither of them able to speak a word of the others language. The genuine highlight was that neither of them gave in but continued trying to make the other understand.
Returning from the site we took the cable car across the mountain and also the sea. Quite long spans with wonderful views. A great journey.

Today has been somewhat less interesting although we did get up early to visit the Central market. Sadly it has closed down or moved to another location. Another triumph for forward planning. However we have visited a wonderful park with ornamental lakes and botanical gardens and also travelled the escalator to the mid levels. Escalators going up a hillside for over 800 metres, great going up bl***y hard coming down, but worth the trip. Got to go now I have an eager person waiting to use the terminal behind me, be in touch again in New Zealand.

Advertisement



27th January 2011

British Ambassador
Did Mam speak very slowly and loud with and inflection at the end of each sentence...like she does with Edith!!

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb