Got here tired


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
January 29th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ah, so we eventually made it to Auckland!

Everything was going so well and we about to board the plane from Hong Kong, when the news came that there was a problem and a 2 hour delay. Bugger, we would miss our connection. Having set off we did miss our connection in Melbourne and they rescheduled us for 06:00 the following day, not too bad we thought and as it turned out it probably a bit better than we had planned. They put us up in the Hilton at the airport and having got no sleep at all in a king sized bed we made the flight and arrived about six hours later.

We collected our car and then proceeded to shout at each other all the way from the airport into the city arguing about directions and map reading skills but to be fair Shirley did a pretty good job, although she now has larengitous. (not really and I can't spell it sorry I had 3 goes all wrong)

Sunday local time: Today we are booked for Brunch at the Auckland sky tower which is something we are both looking forward to, not just for what promises to be great views but also because we are both starving. Then we plan a long walk onto Parnell village which is the old part of the city and then hopefully to the harbour this evening for fireworks we are told. Apparently it's a bank holiday weekend here.
Tomorrow we begin our travels and we are not yet sure where we are headed other than we will arrive at Rotorua during the week.

Be in touch again then.

Advertisement



30th January 2011

hello!
So far so good eh! Hope brunch was good at the Auckland tower, hope you are speaking now as 7 weeks in silence is a long time ha! Take care love to you both us xxx
30th January 2011

bread and butter pudding
lt must ave been good john for you to say it was to die for, you bring such a fussy bugger.haha

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb