Trip to Chitwan


Advertisement
Asia
September 29th 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

About one week ago that we wrote here, but lots of new experiences in that time. The day that we published our first story, we went out for diner in Bhaktapur and on our way back we walked into a nice traditional music band. On the occassion of 'Purnima' (full moon), they were making music with 9 different drums. Besides that, every evening there are some religious bands sitting in the temples to make music. It creates a very nice atmosphere!
The day after, Zoe woke up with a diarrhea-problem... she's the first 'lucky one'. Luckily not a serious problem and still enough energy to go shopping again for the wedding. This time to buy jewelery that goes together with the sari. She will be fully red, gold and blinkering!
Later on, all of us went for a trip to the Royal Chitwan National Park. We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed the animals, the rest, the sun (sometimes too warm),... We did some very interesting trips: walk through the forest (spotting animals, or at least their footprints), elephant riding, visit an authentic Tharu-village. All this with the same guide, who knew very much and who told us many nice stories. He uses his eyesm ears and even his nose to spot the animals. And last but not least, we went for a 'tower night'. In the evening, they brought us to a tower, lying a little bit inside the park. We were there on our own, together with 2 guides. That means everything was silent so many deers came out of the forest to come and graze around the tower. We ate rice that they brought, we enjoyed the silence and the falling night. Together with the animals, we went to bed (which was not very clean, and where some small insects were also living...), enjoying the sounds of nature. Luckily, we didn't have to go to toilet in the middle of the night. That was on the ground floor, and because tigers (which we didn't see) are living there, we prefered to stay up.
In the morning we left to go back to Bhaktapur, and Zoe's mother and stepfather went to Lumbini to continue their trip in Nepal.
So since today, we are back into preparing our marriage, now busy with making invitations. Seems late, but here people are not used to make it weeks in advance like we do in Belgium.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



29th September 2010

SO NICE!!!! What a wonderfull trip! Enjoy!
29th September 2010

Hoi Zoë en Gyanendra, Superleuke foto's allemaal, zowel in je vorige blog als in deze. Het ziet er gewoon fantastisch uit wat jullie allemaal mogen beleven. Het is echt tof om jullie belevenissen zo van nabij te kunnen meevolgen. Ik ben al heel benieuwd hoe je er in je rode sari met de juwelen zal uitzien :-) Maar ik twijfel er niet aan dat je zal stralen! Geniet van de verdere voorbereidingen van jullie huwelijk! Nog heel veel plezier toegewenst. Ik kijk nu al uit naar het volgende nieuws. Groetjes Deborah
29th September 2010

Sari
Hey Babes, Nice stories. Did the diarhea stop? I am really curious what Zoë will look like in sari with jewels! I also intend to get a sari for your wedding. I'll take a diffent color than red so that the Nepali people will not confuse Zoë and me. Have a nice time!! groetjes, Bianca
29th September 2010

Hoi Zoë en Gyanendra, Jullie hebben alvast een ontspannen start genomen. Houden zo!! Blijf zeker regelmatig nieuws sturen, het is heel leuk om jullie belevenissen te volgen. Op naar het hoogtepunt van jullie trip! Van hieruit is er weinig nieuws te melden, tenzij dat de gevangenis er nog altijd staat...dit om Zoë gerust te stellen. Geniet er nog van. Groetjes en tot binnen enkele weken.
1st October 2010

Chitwan trip
Nice blog Gyanendraji, hope you all had a great trip out there.. Vimal
10th October 2010

Herkenning
Heel leuk om jullie zo te kunnen volgen en omdat ik vele dingen die jullie beleven ook beleefd heb, komen er vele herinneringen boven en geniet ik mee zonder al te jaloers te worden ! Want een fantastische ervaringen hé ! De tijd begint te korten tot dé grote dag, héérlijk die voorbereidingen, sari, juwelen, zo groei je er ook stap voor stap naar toe. Blijven genieten zou ik zeggen !!! xxx

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb