Preparations are going on...


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Bhaktapur
October 11th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Days are passing fast and our wedding is coming very close now. Only one more week to go. We are busy with the preparations nowadays. We told about the invitations, they are being finalised now and will be distributed very soon (doesn't work by post here). Besides that, we are busy in buying things (more jewels, specials candles,...), talking with people for the program, buying Zoe's wedding slippers (not very easy because they are not used to brides with seize 41),... Also some very typical boxes have to be filled with with lots of nuts, sweets,... All family and friends are coming over to help us! And yesterday we picked up our first guests in the airport, hope they are enjoying their time!
Besides al those preparations, we also did some other things. We went to Dulikhel to stay one night and see the mountain view in the morning... we were lucky and had a very clear morning. On the way back home, we visited a new enormous Shiva-statue. They were building it when we were here 2 years ago, and the result that we could see now is very nice.
One day we cooked at home: mix of nepalese and belgian food. Not easy in a kitchen that you are not used to, but we enjoyed it and the result was good (to our opinion).
We also went to Nagarkot, a hill close to Bhaktapur where you have a magnificent mountain view, specially at sunrise. This time, we were not lucky: the only thing we could see was mist. But we enjoyed the evening before, celebrating the birthdays of Zoe's mother and stepfather. No power in the evening, so only candlelight, and music instruments to break the silence (without radio).
These days, Dasain (the biggest Hindu-festival) is being celebrated. Every day, another temple around Bhaktapur is worshipped (specially at sunrise and sunset). Yesterday morning we enjoyed an early walk to see this nice atmosphere. People are going there, but lots of music bands are joining them, so it creates a very nice atmosphere in the city. The Kumari (the living goddess) is worshipped a lot during that time, and we met her in the street yesterday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



11th October 2010

mooi!!
Leuk jullie reisverslag te lezen; en wat een mooie foto's!! Geniet er allen van, en een dikke proficiat met jullie huwelijk! Diane
12th October 2010

hallo
Beste Zoé Gert is hier net de deur uit en ze komen morgen jullie kant uit. Ik zelf ben vorig jaar in Nepal geweest en herken alle plaatsen die ik terug vind in je blog. Een prachtig land!!! Dus ik leef een beetje mee. Mogen wij jullie ook van harte feliciteren met jullie huwelijk!!!! Maak er een mooi feest van en geniet met volle teugen. Groetjes Ma en Pa van Gert
13th October 2010

Hi
Hi Zoë & Gyanendra, Great to follow your adventures and preparations for your wedding! Thanks for all the info. We're very excited because of attending your wedding in Bhaktapur & our trip througout Nepal. We are counting back the days until our flight to Kathmandu! See you soon! Femke en Rob.
17th October 2010

And???
Well... Are you now officially married? Or does that happen on the third day? Enyoj!

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb