Jaipur #1


Advertisement
Asia
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Something about monkeys...



Arrived in Jaipur around 11am yesterday. Quite different from Delhi, not as busy so far. Also less people trying to rip you off. Most seem genuinely friendly. Staying in Hotel Pearl Palace as heard lots of good things about it, can see why, it's wicked. Restaurant is awesome... Had pancakes in bed this morning (Nuttela and banana was soooooooo good) missing chocolate lol.

Didn't do a lot yesterday just got a feel for the place; went round in an auto-rikshaw to a mall and some other places to shop. Haven't bought anything yet, want to save money and backpack-room for the last week but want to buy EVERYTHING!!!

This. Computer. Is. So. Slow./.

Got out of bed at about three today... very lazy but a lie-in was needed. Went to Galta (monkey temple) which was good apart from the monkey that jumped on me and tried to steal my bag of peanuts the greedy bugger... obviously it never heard of sharing. The rest were gorgeous, wanted to take a baby monkey back in my bag! Definitely would have been the best present for my brother, it resembled him to the tee. SO ANNOYED. Have no camera charger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would have taken some on my phone but was too worried that some naughty little primate might try to steal it. Think Emma got some good ones though, but waiting for Nick to get back as he has the best camera, brand new Cannon SLR lucky sod.

Good job I didn't get anything of value out around the monkeys as just spoke to a group of people staying at Pearl Palce too who said one of them stole their flip flop! Gutted! Mine would probably smell too bad anyway doubt they'd want them even if they are purple and sparkley (sorry Annie, couldn't find mine).

Met two other guys in Galta called Oli and Charlie who are also English. They said they haven't yet met any other travellers so might come and join Emma and I at the rooftop Cafe here at Pearl Palace later seeing as Nick is currently in Kashmir. Very worried about him, such a pain that he has no signal in Srinigar. So good luck to him doing a Buddhist pilgimage into the mountains up there. Get back safely!

One amusing thing Charlie told us is that apparently out here a nose ring is a sign of homosexuality (he has his done and was wondering why he got so many funny looks and kisses blown to him from men).

Heading to Pushka tomorrow on the 1pm bus hopefully. Should take about three hours. Then when Nick meets us coming back to Jaipur for an elephant ride!!!!!! Can't wait 😊

Laterss xx

Advertisement



2nd August 2010

Careful with Monkeys
Hi Cherrie The Monkey Temple sounds good - shame about your camera - can you carry spare charger or maybe a UV charger on you back pack? Remeber Gibralta - were you with us? You have to be careful with monkeys especially if they have young ones they can be very protective and will attack you! YDOM

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb