Tearing up Delhi!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
July 26th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

SO. Still in Delhi with Nick, Emma (babyshambles) and Eden (Auzie fella).

Last night... Went for a meal, rooftop cafe very nice, orered some surruptitious rum & cokes, very nice. Nick turned up pissed as anything after being fed wisky after wiskey from his new Indin friend who he plans to travel to Kashmir with (very funny). Eden then announced that we WILL be stopping off before going to a bar to purchase Indian clothing.

The clothing turned out to look more Arabic than Delhi style invloving more aladdin pants and head scarfs (bright pink for Nick obviously). Haggled it down to Rs2000 for outfits for all four of us. Photo shoot back at the hotel was hilarious. Got our new mate who keeps offering us to make a make-shift fridge to keep our beers cold, even though we have no beers. Odd. But anyhow, then decided to get a rickshaw to a place in Delhi called 'My Bar'. Differing from the tradditional style of travel, Nick was the one riding the rickshaw with Emma, Eden, myself and the poor bloke who owned it hanging on to the back. I don't know how he managed to peddle all that weight, it must have been the wiskey, and the piza which we forced him to eat within ten minutes. I also do not know how the whole thing didn't topple over since we were pelting down the street at about 11 o'clock-ish at night. Made a lot of people laugh and stare, one Australian and three English mentalists crusing (very fast cruising) down the backstreets of Delhi dress like fluresent Arabs. Worried that people may have thought we were taking the piss but the genuine idea was to get involved with the cluture including the dress code. Most people seemed to think it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen! The man who owned the rickshaw grinned like a cheshire cat since we had paid him to give him a ride instead, not sure he has ever had that before.

After several more rum shots at My Bar we decided to hit the Delhi club scene. Can't remember the club's name but it was in Conaught Place, New Delhi. Reminded me of Conaught Park back home where a good few nights were spent getting pissed before the age of 16 when we realised that just wasn't cool anymore. The journey there was also interesting. Got a motor-rikshaw this time with Eden next to the driver virtually perched on his lap as he persuaded him to let him drive it for a while. The driver seemed rather nervous not surprisingly but he did come back to get us later and was a bit over-friendly towards Emma and I, but wasn't a problem. Kept telling me I had a 'very good personality' or some shit.

In the club, they were playing so much Old School rock music it could have been a Hell's Angel bar. So we ordered four lime flavoured Bacardi Breezers (since it was the cheapest drinks and our kitty contained Rs2000 for the night) and then we danced. To heavy rock in the middle of Delhi, got just a few odd looks due to the fact that nobody else was dancing. Changed that shit right up. Asked an Indian geezer for a few tips on Inidian dancing, seemed reluctant at first but then got well into it and joined us in a train around the place, a Tibetan stag night loved the entertainment and gave us one of their dick balloons to play with! Music changed to decent stuff we know (particularly happy at the dj's choice of David Guetta) and got everyone dancing. Even a gay guy in there was't shy as he got squished inbetween Eden and Nick. Nick's dancing was particularly entertaining, being 6ft 3 surrounded by people far smaller than him. The bar staff did not appreciate us at the beginning but definately did by then end. Everyone had an awesome time, shame we couldn't afford our last round of drinks! Nick sorted it then we headed back to the hotel with the same dazed rickshaw driver.

Few more drinks, spotted a few stars amongst Delhi's infamous smog from the roof (literally one or two), few more wiskeys then bed.

Sore head today.

Laters from Delhi,

Babyshambles and Chezla

x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb