The Train


Advertisement
Asia
March 14th 2010
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got a train from Hanoi to Saigon. It was suppose to take 32 hours, which we both thought was a long time but we didnt have time to stop anywhere to break up the journey. We got on the train just in time. It was very basic, the rooms had 2 bunk beds in and we both had a top bunk. There were 2 or 3 other people in our room, which confused me because there werent enough beds for everyone, but it turned out some were getting off after a few stops. There was this one man who was really creepy, he was on the bed under hannah first and i could see him staring at me, then he moved to the bed under me and had his camera out taking photos of hannah while she was reading! When he got off we decided that he just wasnt used to seeing white people. The rest of the journey was a bit of a blur, all we did really was sleep and read. We were suppose to arrive at 8 in the evening on Monday, however we didnt get there until 4:30 on tuesday morning. We got in a taxi which took us to the centre where we found somewhere to stay, then just went on the internet until it was breakfast time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb