Halong Bay


Advertisement
Asia
March 12th 2010
Published: March 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sleeping in a dorm its very hard to get ready to go out without waking other people up, especially when you are as hungover as we were. We left at 8 after some breakfast and coffee. The bus took 3 hours and was small, I was lucky because i got the last proper seat on the bus, the last 4 or 5 people had to sit on fold down chairs down the aisle, which did not look comfortable. I felt really sorry for the guy who i was sat next to because he had big shoulders, arms and legs and looked really squashed. All i wanted to do was sleep but this was not an easy task as i didnt have a window seat so i had nowhere to rest my head, so that was that. When we got there we had to get a smaller boat to the bigger boat where we would spend the next 2 days. It was a lot nicer than i had expected, lunch was good too. After lunch we went to our rooms and got changed to go kayaking, some people started jumpign off the boat and Hannah said she wanted to but i dont like cold water so decided to stay onboard. Hannah didnt get in either. There was a little old lady on a little shop boat which two of the boys from the trip jumped in to buy some beer.

Kayaking was... interesting. Our guide had said it was hard and the girls should probably go with a boy because the cave we were going to see was quite far away, Hannah didnt hear him say this and i thought thats silly, of course me and hannah could do it by ourselves! How wrong was I! firstly we didnt know what to do, although rowing isnt that tricky, then we just couldnt do it. Our arms were tired and sore and Hannah was refusing to row, we kept going in the wrong direction and got left behind. Justin and Eli waited for us for a while but i think they got bored so we were left trailing slowly behind. I was soo happy to finaly get there and gte out of the kayak, although we had some problems there too. On the way back we swapped. Justin and I arrived back long before Hannah and Eli, i think that was because Hannah was again refusing to row. I was wet, cold and smelled of dirty water! Yuck.

That night was really good. We ate, drank and played drinking games. The ring of fire was the first one we played and some stupid australian man spilt his drink all over me, he didnt even say sorry, just finished the remaining drop in his cup and went to the bar for a refill! Next to me was another australian man and throughout the game i was trying to think who he reminded me off, the next day it came to me. Peter Andre! He looked just like him, well i thought so. Anyway we played another really good game, horse races. Hannah won almost everytime. After all the drinking died down, we went to the boys room where we played cards for a bit longer before going to bed. In the morning we got up to find Elliot had been taken to hospital at about 5 in thw morning, he has a heart condition and his heart was beating really fast. When we got back to Hanoi that evening we found Justin who said he was alright but he was going to go back to america. That night we all went to bed early and caught up on the sleep that we so badly needed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb