Last day in Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia
July 30th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday, up at 6 to meet guide to tour of floating market and Rose Garden village......80km out of Bangkok so picked up in minibus.....met couple from NZ......mysterious, entertaining and in the case of the lady very loud and didn't mince her words!......very keen to ascertain price of everything.....told us they were diving companions.....but strangely had no plans to dive on this holiday......Miss Marple and audrey felt something ws not quite as it seemed, which made the trip more fascinating......

Stopped at coconut farm.....lots of things to buy......coconut products made from all parts of the tree.....coconut milk very sweet.....but flesh of coconut slimy and Audrey felt as if she were eating slugs

Arrived at river and got into a long boat.....FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE.....travelled along canals/river.....very fast.....very exciting.....lots to look at......traditional thai houses.......on stilts......

Arrived at floating market......busy and bustling.....lots of boats selling fruit.....spices.....crafts.....banana pancakes.....sausages......but we were off loaded onto land market area amd left to shop......goods same as night market in bangkok......so didn't really need to be doing any more shopping......but met group of lovely thai women who thought we had 13 sons between us when we said our boys were 7 and 6!......lots os laughs....spent a long time talking to them.....bought a few bits at less than third of origional asking price,but felt it was worth it for the good humour and banter......

met up with tour guide....Miss marple detouring for a true thai loo experience......not wht you would fine in St Marymead.....but still....in an emergency, needs must!......tour guide gave us deepfried banana and rambutan friut......so tasty.....Audrey especially liked the banana....and ate most of bag!

Were then taken to woodcraft market.....chairs $1000 etc.....more shopping.......which we didn't really need.....however Audrey, ever keen to purchase intesting things for her children, engaged in furtive black market activity while Miss Marple kept lookout.....all we can say is that denise will be pleased......all the more for it feeling illegal(ish)!

Off to Rose Garden village for very nice buffet lunch.....with travelling companions..... and her rather revealing attire!.....had great fun trying variety of thai dishes, good fun.....great conversation.....but still none the wiser about true nature of their relationship..... not that it's any of our business.....we're just interested (nosey!)

Tour of artificial thai village.....quite interesting, but very staged........then off to watch show.....thai dancing.....boxing.....sword fighting.....some bits quite humourous......bamboo dancing excellent........

Finished up with short elephant show.....too much like dancing bears.....not a spectacle appreciated by either Miss Marple or Audrey......returned to hotel.....audrey catching up on her beauty sleep while Miss Marple attempted to extract further information from the Kiwi's.....No Luck!

Decided to stay local on last night......and hit the girly bars to see what really went on.....had a few beers then found a lovely restaurant for dinner......really cheap and delicious food.....opposite No Bra Bar......decided to go and see for ourselves......took line that we were reseaching a paper for the WI (Womens Institute) on the increase in STI's among 40/50 year old women whose husbands had travelled abroad in thailand......(old and ugly)western men very disturbed by our presence.....but thai girls very welcoming and lots of laughs/chat.....tricked young american into beliving we had known him and his mother since he was 7, as we had overheard his name, and so greeted him with that name.....very confused....gave us lots of information for our study.....watched his friend attempt to pick up one girl after another....whatched middle aged man pick up thai girl....all very seedy.....left together.....she was back serving behind the bar within 5 minutes......he came back to bar still wanting to talk to her.....she completely ignored him.....what a catch he must be.....

Decided to take picture for Miss Marples Lover.....Miss Marple removed her bra (discretely) and took photo under no bra sign, with bra held high.....western and Thai men all very confused by this, all ladies found it highly amusing....western men very uncomfortable.....we must or reminded them of their family commitments back in the UK.....or may be their inadequacy back in the real world!....laughed so much all night......

Up early for transfer to Chaing Mai........with slight hang over for Audrey.....

Advertisement



31st July 2009

miss u xx
dear or dear, what are you two like!! glad your having a good time though! missing you lots and lots xxxxxx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb