Crossing india on a train


Advertisement
Asia
July 20th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

51 hours on a train...need i say more! it was actually a really good experience and we are both glad we went from north to south india on the train. India is amazing in that it is like two different countries from north to south. the scenary changes dramatically, the climate changes, the people change, and the food changes.

the train was quite long and we ended up on the wrong end to begin with, so we lugged out 20 + kgs of stuff on our backs to the other end and finally found our carriage. we swapped seats with some people to allow them to sit together and us together. i think we got duped out of the better seats though...know for next time 😊. so glad we brought ear plugs. definately a necessity to sleep on a train. it wasn't that hard sleeping cause the rocking motion put us both to sleep. i had the top bunk and richie had the bottom bunk. my ipod and i are now even more attached to each other than before and i've nearly finished all the books i brought with me.

we got of the train in trivandrum and were met by an acquaintance. It was so nice to see a friendly face. we travelled by car for 2 hours to kanyakumari. Kanyakumari is the town at the southern most point of india, where the 3 oceans meet. where we are staying is awesome. our room is nice and the restaurant is great. everyone is so friendly in south india. people stop and welcome us to india and want to know where we are from. This morning we had people taking photos with us and asking us to shake their hands. if people point at us we wave back and smile and they think it's great.

will write about our temple adventures we had today, tomorrow. bye for now...us...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb