Slowi Bay Komodo Island


Advertisement
Asia
March 30th 2009
Published: April 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Went on a private tour to see the dragons
Komodo Island
March 30th, Komodo Island
Well we paid the ships excursion fee (99$US ea) and walked 1 ½ hour in the tropical rain forest in sweltering heat (89 degree F) to see 4 fenced in well fed dragons that barely moved, they just lie there. That’s it folks! People said we could not be so close to these islands and not do the Komodo Dragon visit, so we did. Terry enjoyed the jungle; I could have looked at his pictures.
That is all I have to say about that!
The food on this cruise is typical of Holland America, very good, very fresh or freshly frozen, some fatty, some healthy. We can ask for anything we want and it is provided: Terry likes his tomato juice with ice and lemon as he sits down at dinner and there it is every night at 8 on the dot. The food is not as high end as we enjoyed on a World cruise.
Every few days as we approach different destinations, the chefs prepare a lunch buffet of traditional regional foods. I missed the Indonesian feast 2 days ago but enjoyed the Indian food today as we are in the Indian Ocean, but not going to India. Terry was saying how much his favorite meal on the ship is breakfast: orange juice, coffee, muesli with fruit, eggs any possible way, fruit and breads. WE are watching our weight. We meet at the Lido buffet at 12:30 and eat what we fancy and join our friends for sit down dinner in the Rotterdam dining room. Tonight is a formal, I did not bring anything that extravagant, I just wear neater clothes than usual and Terry complains about having to dress up then wears grey trousers, white shirt, black jacket and his tuxedo accessories: bow tie and cummerbund; some did not even bring jackets and have dinner in the Lido every night. (I was asked to leave the Lido 2 days ago, as I was picking up a cheese platter to eat as appetizers with our drinks on the back deck at sail away, because I was wearing only my bathing suit- and that’s ok, I’ll send Terry next time).






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.53s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb