Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
March 28th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A day at sea and Darwin, Australia
March 26th, 2009
A typical day at sea:
8 we wake up on dolphin deck #1
9 we walk around deck 3- 3 ½ times around is 1 mile, Terry does 2 miles a day, I walk 3 ½ times around, then I climb the stairs up to the gym on deck 8 to finish my time on the exercise bike. Today, Terry walked 40 minutes because we participated in “On Deck for the Cure”
9:30 we meet for breakfast in the Lido, 8th floor
10 shower and get ready for lectures
11 Lecture: excursions and ports
12:30 lunch at the Lido
1:30 Trivia with Alison from Scotland, Debbie from TO, Diane and Jack from the US- we have not won yet, no luggage tags or umbrellas, nada. See our team on the picture.
2: Lecture: History, Geography; today was “Struggle of East Timor”
3: concert- pianist this pm, I read my book to lovely music
4: swim in the warm salt water pool on the back of deck 8
5:30, I pick up a cheese plate( mistake, did it 2 days and FAT! started accumulating too fast) from the Lido and go down to the room for wine and to get ready for dinner at 8 with Burt, Bev-US, Jean and Ron-England. See dinner pic.
After dinner, we try to attend the show but it is not usually very good so we go to bed at 9:30.

Saturday March 28th,
We saw jumping crocodiles in Darwin, Northern Territories, it is our last day in Australia.
Ron and Jean who are relocating to their home in England, rented a car in Darwin, we shared the expense and he drove to the Adelaide River to cruise the murky tidal river on a safe boat and we saw crocodiles jump ut of the water; it was a real experience.

Tomorrow we see dragons- Komodo dragons in Indonesia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.496s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb