China Town KL


Advertisement
Asia
October 30th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today I decided to let Dominic sleep in a little I think all the late nights, sleepless travel, moving around and busy days are catching up on him, although he has done really well. When he finally woke up we headed for China town, where we spent so much time browsing through the countless market stalls, and sampling the most delicious foods and sweets. China town comes alive after 10-11am, although the earlier you are the better as it is believed to be bad luck for the rest of the day if you let the first sale walk away you may get many bargains, taking away items for a fraction of the original asking price, it is often best to begin to walk away as this is when they will really try the hard sell and drop the prices rather drastically. At the moment I am undecided what we will do tomorrow, I feel that we need to get out of the city, this week they will be celebrating Deepavali as well as Hari Raya, so much of KL will be in holiday mode, I attempted to get tickets to Langkawi, but they are sold out, and although I would love to go to Taman Negara I would have to be at the ticket office at 7am, and we may not even get tickets, so our other options are Penang and the Cameron Highlands.

Advertisement



Tot: 3.867s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0238s; 3; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb