Kanchanaburi - Tigers


Advertisement
Asia
October 17th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we did a day trip leaving our hostel in Bangkok, we began with a trip to the floating market, which was amazing, although more for the tourists than the locals I think, there was so many people down there, but there was many bargains to be found if you wanted them, although taking children is not the greatest idea, as the stall holders really play on the emotions of your children, when looking for buyers, at the end of it we were even offered these unique plates with our photographs on them at the market. Following on from the market we travelled in our mini van to Kanchanaburi where we visit the war cemetary, which was quite moving, especially seeing the ages of many of these young me, before continuing on to walk the famous Bridge over the river Kwai, which was a little heart stopping, as you realised the sizeable drop right beside you, especially for a mother who is paranoid around water, however my son was overjoyed when reached the other end and he was able to feed elephants.
After this we travelled to a monestry out of town, in which local monks have taken orphaned and injured tigers in, allowing them to roam almost freely through what is known as Tiger Canyon, as we walked down toward the canyon my heart skipped a beat as I realised that we were about to come face to face with these tigers, that were just roaming freely, but as we got down closer to them my fear just seemed to disappear, as I realised what a serene peaceful atmophere we were heading towards. There was a monk overlooking the area, whilst there was several workrs standing close by to each group of tigers, whilst several tigers sat sighlently, others frollicked in the water at the wall of the canyon. We then all formed a line in which we patiently waited for ou turn with the tigers, it was just so amazing, we were then taken in one at a time, escorted by two workers, one took our camera to take photographs, whilst the other took our hand and positioned us beside the tiger, it was so unbelievable, even more unbelievable hoever was when the monk stood up and motioned my son to come to him, he then placed him on top of the tiger, while my heart raced at a hundred miles an hour, it was just so amazing, the monk later took hiom in for a second sitting. It to me was such an amazing experience that I would reccommend to anyone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb