Fabulous Penang


Advertisement
Asia
October 13th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our resort accomodation mid afternoon, our two days of relaxation and luxury, before we reach Bangkok. The Island was beautiful, with that real tropical holiday atmosphere. We were staying in a luxury resort in Batu Ferringhi, the main tourist stretch of beech, the gardens and pool area, overlooking the most exquisite scenery and beeches, although with a lot of jelly fish the safer option was definetely the abundance of pools at the resort. And whilst the streets during the day were relatively layed back, at night it become awake with the excitement of the night markets which just seemed to appear from no-where. They were almost straight out our door, and there was definetely bargains to be found, especially if you were willing to bater with them, although I have probably bought too much considering our holiday is really only just beginning. Whilst in Penang we did several half day tours, which I will recommend the around Island Tour as i really allows you to see the Island from a broad perspective, and also the Penang Hill tour which takes you on the funicular railway up Penang Hill, which was our first sighting of wild monkeys and gibbons which was great, and my six year old son and travelling partner thought this was fantastic. I would definetely say that Penang is our highlight thus far.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb