Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
September 9th 2006
Published: November 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived in Thailand yesterday, whilst Mum and Dad opted to fly, not Dominic and I we had to experience it all the proper way (yeah right!!!) we set off in a taxi at 6am and was at the Thai border by 9:30 after a crazy ride in which we passed everything in sight in clouds of dust, not seeing what was in front of us we just missed trucks, almost missed detours, the road was dirt and full of pot holes, but we made it, eventually. When we got to the border we were told to buy our tickets to Bangkok, and the bus would leave within half an hour of us getting to the other side, which was a big joke, when we got to the other side we were then told that the bus would not leave until 2pm, so after much deliberation we met a lovely couple from Korea who decided to charter a mini bus with us to Bangkok, finally arriving late afternoon.
Today we got up early to head for Kanchanaburi, stopping at the floating market along the way. After arriving in Kanchanaburi we visit the war cemetry, and then the tiger temple, which although having been here before was just as amazing the second time around, and a place that I would definetely return to again, I decided that we would do this tour again as I loved it so much last year that I wanted to bring Mum and Dad here to experience it as well, and being with and touching the tigers in such a serene setting really is one of the most amazing this you could ever experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb