Easter in Halong and then to Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
April 12th 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We then stayed at Cat Ba island. By now, we were tired and really didn’t explore the town. After a slight disagreement with management, they finally put us in a family suite. Dinner was again fine and we sat and spoke with our fellow travelers from Australia, France, Canada, and Singapore.
We awoke to Easter morning and much to the dismay of Ariel, there was no chocolate Easter bunnies. Instead, we had a boat trip back to Halong City. We finally saw a junck with its sails up. But still, it was a beautiful ride. We got back in our bus and headed to Hanoi. Half way there, we stopped at a tourist shop and purchased some handmade tapestries and of course Chocolate. You see Ariel gave this up for lent. We arrived back in the frenetic city of Hanoi. The city was much different then we remembered. It was much more like Saigon or Bangkok with bustling activity. Our guides dropped us off at the Viet Anh hotel in the old city and we settled into our family suite. But not for long, as we got tickets to the water puppets. The water puppets were amazing. Hopefully the photos will come close and likely the video will be better.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb