I dont want a motor bike anymore i want suits


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 14th 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Hoi an (the place in top gear where they get suits made) around 3 and went for a massive walk with our guide. Turned out the map we had did not understand scale so it turned out we were about 40 min walk (in blazing heat) from anything, GRR.
Me and joe decided at 6 to go and look for suits, this was a bit late to be doing it but if we didnt start straight away we wouldnt have enough time. So the pair of us turned into two blue arsed flies and ran around like nutters trying to find both the right fabric (very important) and the right price. Not easy. Eventually found a place that was cheap but good for both of us around 7:30 at night. Got measured, yep inside leg and all, a girl doing it didnt make it any less awkward.

2nd day
Five of us got up early for a bike ride the guide had planned then after half an hour of waiting around we fouind out the git had cancelled it, GRRRRR. So we decided to go off to the beach on bikes. Our troup had swelled to three more so off the eight of us went. On the way we saw a couple who had hired a motorbike at the same place we had got our bikes from, they had crashed.
When we arrived at the accident loads of locals were just staring blankly at the girl who was lying unresponsive on the floor. Her boyfriend was cuddling her and shouting for help, the blood didnt make the situation look any better.
Emma was first aid trained so she went to help while the rest of us helped move the traffic along and deal with the locals who were really making everything more difficult rather than easier. After half an hour an ambulance arrived and she was taken to hospital. We foudn out a few days later she was okay and they were going home.
When we all got to the beach it was time for a drink that we all definitly needed. At this point i realised i wanted a motorbike as much as i wanted a fork poked in my eye.
After about an hour me and joe were bored so we did what any two rational guys should do on a beach- WE DUG A REALLY BIG HOLE.
It took us about 2 hours just using our hands but it was six feet down and we ended up standing in a foot of water.

The next day we only had a half day and i spent it getting the suits just right. I can now understand why so many people rave about getting suits made, they look MINT.

So to sm up Hoi an, change my growing passion from motorbikes to suits and the beach is nice as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb