I want a Motorbike- I blame Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 12th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after getting into Hue from Hanoi we had a look around the city and the Citadel, The citadel was like the forbidden city in Beijing but smaller and with gardens built into it. Then just had a bit of a wander round but not much to do.

That evening we found a restaurant that did 8 courses all of traditional food for a fiver with beer- Went for that like a bullet. Then couldnt move afterwards- felt like christmas day when you eat to much.

In the morning we had a motorbike tour for the day where you hope on the back of a moped that takes you witha guide around Hue. Wasnt to bothered about this as hue wasnt that impressive anyway and the motorbikes could be sketchy due to the CRAZY/SUICIDAL driving inherent to asia. I was wrong.

The start was a bit worrying as we were in a packed town and flys etc were like magnets for my eyes (i think it was because i didnt wear sunglasses). After we stopped off at a local market and a few girls go tthier fortune read it got alot better into the countryside. The scenery was eye catchign every second and the boikes much more enjoyable.

For lunch we ate at a nunery where all the women have thier heads shaved. The food was vegetarian- which worried a few meat eaters- but it was still gorgeous. One of the nuns was hilarious as she kept tryign to force feed everyone she thought was to skinny.

Back onto the bike for more local sights and much more pondering from me about getting one in the future.

Next to Hoi An and time to get SUITS WONDERFUL SUITS.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb