Kayaking and MONKEYS in paradise


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands
February 10th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Took a Long ass bus from Hanoi to the Docks and got on a beatifulo Junk type boat. We could already see it was going to be a good day.

We had lunch with the boat anchored down between loads of lime stone island, just a perfect view with a perfect meal.

Then had a trip inside one of the island that had a limestone cave that seemed to span the whole inside (no idea how it stayed up).

The boat then took us to one of the islands where our hotel was, only problem with it was that the few restaurants knew they could charge whatever they wanted as you had no other choice- GITS.

The next morning we got back on another nice junk to a floating Kayak rental place- passed a few villages on empty oil drums as well which really reminded me of waterworld, half expected Kevin Kostner to pop up drinking his own urine.

Got a few two man Kayaks and set of with our guide as the sun was heating up- not a bad start to the day really. After an hour of getting some good photos we stopped off at a secluded beach to have a swim and marvel at how peaceul/beautiful/awesome (whatever word you want to use) this place was.

After lunch (which included a fish we knew was fresh as we saw it being killed- THATS ASIA FRESH) we were on our way to MONKEY ISLAND.

Monkey Island was nice on its own but with some bananas waved about we got some monkeys out of the trees as well. Got some really good pics as well until the big basterds turned up. After a few of the big guns turned up they all started getting cocky and confident. which meant they ran at us teeth bared swiping- not as cute as first imagined (especially with rabies on the menu). Our guide me and joe decided to stand our ground which worked but our guide Khan went one step further and went towards on of the big ones- BAD IDEA. Monkey went for him- cue Khan running full pelt down the beach shouting with the monkey at his heels. Now that was funny.

We were told later that we were lucky today as apart from the 10 monkeys we saw they normally get aroudn 100 fightin gover bananas.

Back on the boat to Hanoi and this was about the time we all realised we were all very burnt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb