Nha Trang so far


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
September 7th 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well yesterday arrived here. We pretty much hit the beach and drunk a couple of beers.. went swimming - was great.. Very peaceful and relaxing - accept for the people who walk along trying to sell you stuff. Its not as bad as Saigon so put up with it without any stress and actually ended up buying a fruit salad (very big - a whole dragon fruit, lai chis, a pineapple , a mango and some bananas for 60,000vnd which is about $3.80). Nha Trangs main beach reminds me a bit of Patong in Phuket, Thailand accept not as developed yet. Then last night had a massive feed (as usual haha) and went to the local hot spot... "Sailers club" or something like that. I got quite drunk on beer and Mai Tais but still managed to dance the night through. Good place to check out if your in Nha Trang..Good mix of locals and tourists.. Note though - get there before 9.30pm its free entry and after its 80,000vnd - the place doesnt get crankin till about 11.30 though. It opens out right onto the beach and has little grass/flaxy kinda huts everywhere. ohh and another note.. watch it with girls - most appear to be working girls and theres a lot of gay guys there... so if your looking to pick up hunt out tourists (of course I had my mrs with me but some advise to singles).

Right opposite the main beach of Nha Trang is a giant island called Vinpearl. It has a massive sign on it (like the hollywood one - and it lights up at night)- you get there by the worlds biggest cable car stretches across the sea to it. (This is where this years Miss World was either held or is being held) .. So we went there today. The cable car takes about 10-15 minutes to go across on. Its really high!!! haha. Vinpearl is just a giant theme park.. We bought a day pass to access all areas (accept the underwater world) for 250,000vnd (about $15-20). Had some really cool rides, an indoor arcade, and a VERY COOL WATER PARK!! I got airborne on a lot of the rides and because Im heavier than most of these tiny Vietnamese folk I got speed up hard. One ride I put my shoulder out and was chucked down a hole into a giant pool at the end. Very cool ride but fast and intense. I got Phuong to start punching my back which kinda helped for awhile but is now sore again haha - not as bad as it was though.

We stayed for about 5 or 6 hours. It goes pretty late there and we can still see the lights. When we were leaving there was a little dog and monkey show where they were doing tricks... Im pretty anti that kind of animal thing so I didnt really watch. Went to dinner at the Sailers club again.. Had a massive feast (speant to much - about $40 or $50 between the 3 of us .. but was good) - Phuongs a realy fussy eater... If its fat or cheesy she doesnt like it. I tried to order for her and got her lasgne - she was trying but didnt like it haha. Good news on the meeting her parents thing... They apparently loved me and said if I marry Phuong and it doesnt work out for me as an english teacher in Saigon then me and her can move in with them and help with the family store in the country haha.. Funny. Phuong says if we do that then shes putting me on a diet of water, rice vegetables and eggs thats it haha... Was really cool going to Vinpearl today with Phuong cause she has never been to a water park or theme park... It was so buzzy watching her try roller coasters and water slides for the first time... Had heaps of fun!

We're talking tomorrow about going snokling.. THey have these tours where they take you round 4 different islands round Nha Trang and you do about an hour snorkeling.. Mikes not to keen on it.. We did something similar in Thailand and speant most of the day travelling from island to island and told when and where we could hop in the water. So Mikes goin to look at sussing something out with some private scuba divers or something. THey also have jet skis and parasailing here which we wouldnt mind doing before leaving as was to chicken shit in Thailand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb