Da Lat


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
September 6th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well just arrived in Nha Trang after about 2 and a half days in Dalat. Dalat was nothing like I expected. Its a small town up in the mountains about a 5 and a half hour bus ride north of Saigon. Its definitly a couples place. Lots of little cafes and restaurants. Heaps to see there.. Best thing to do to anyone going there.. get a map and rent motorbikes.. Thats what we did and pretty much covered most of the place. Saw the old King of Vietnams palace, a Catholic church.. heaps of Buddhist temples to visit. One very cool one right up in the mountains blew me away. It was the most serene place I have ever vistited right in the bush high up on the side of the mountain overlooking a lake. Lots of rivers and AMAZING waterfalls.

I got some mean shots of Dalat. As was driving down one country road there was like a big outside chopping board with a dog on its back with its insides ripped out haha.. Never got a pic though as was hooning past on a bike. Last night had the usual feast for dinner and tried goat.. Was pretty good. Also had a beer that had been brewed with animals testicals... was ok. Is meant to be kind of a viagra for men supposedly haha. Didnt do much for me accept leave a funny taste in my mouth haha.

You can definitly see the French influence that was on Vietnam for many years in Dalat. The buildings and architecture and the mountain settings make you think your in a small european town somewhere. People are friendly and its pretty trendy there.. Lots of walk through parks where people can take photos with their partner. Me and Phuong got heaps of cheesy ones.. Mike was laughing hard. Dressed up like an old Vitnamese hill person and took heaps of cheesy pics.

Our first night Me and Mike went looking for a pub or something but couldnt find anything. Everything closes early but we did go into a cafe and order a beer. We got charged 2000vnd more than the locals which sucked (still only about a $1.10) but we had read about that. Mike was busting for a shite and so had to use the place in here.. Dont think Ive mentioned it here but if you find a normal toilet somewhere your lucky. Basically most places have a long drop with a plastic outside with places to put your feet.. you basically then squat... Most of them dont have toilet paper and you have to ask someone for it haha.. Then theres a big bucket of water and you have to wash away what you unloaded. Ive yet to use one for number 2's but Mike was busting.. very funny.

Met some Austrailian hippies on the bus to Nha Trang.. Pretty cool people might spot them around the beach somewhere. Got a week before flying home so no idea how long going to stay here.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb