Saigon to Mui Ne to Dalat to Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
May 10th 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Travelling life has been hectic lately. There's something to do every day, and the number of tours available is incredible!

So in Saigon, the best thing was the Cao Dai temple, it was the first temple I saw in Vietnam and it's so brightly coloured and just fabulous! most of the worshippers wore white robes, but some higher ranked wore red, blue or yellow, to signify buddhism, confucianism and christianity, though Cao Daiism also incorporates other religions as well. Before that, we went to a factory to see disabled people making traditional vietnamese art pieces, which I thought was incredible, as each person was given a task they could physically do, and they were so careful about it - the artwork we saw in the shop was so beautiful! I saw the Cu Chi tunnels that afternoon, and I just about managed to crawl through one - though they'd even been enlarged for tourists!

I moved on to Mui Ne, a small beach town, arriving at 3.30am and finding out the space at the guesthouse I booked had been taken! But finding a room wasn't as much trouble as I imagined, thank God! In Mui Ne I lazed about on the beach for a few days, windsurfing a bit and going on a tour to the sand dunes, fishing villiage and fairy stream. Met loads of people and had some good laughs at Wax, the beach bar, followed by a late night swim in the sea! I ate crocodile curry as well, which made the restaurant staff very happy! It was a bit like pork...

Then was Dalat!! My favourite place so far, there was so much to do in such a short space of time. After working out I couldn't ride a moto, I hopped on the back of my friend's and we explored the city, where the views are just incredible, from a distance it looks multicoloured, because of the french style buildings it supports. We found a waterfall where you could ride ostriches, elephants and horses, or even dress up as natives! We also went to a pagoda that was being built, and decorated with smashed up plates and bowls. It was beautiful! That day it rained heavily, and we got soaked, and wore our ponchos - a good look lol! Next day I went on an EasyRider tour, and visited the amazing Elephant Falls, and saw silk being made! Also tried Pho, the famous vietnamese noodle soup, where you add ingredients yourself to your own taste. Very nice!

And now we're in Nha Trang, a bigger seaside town. We went on a boat tour of the islands, and got free flavoured rice wine - which is maybe the most disgusting drink ever! You can get rice wine upto 60% alcohol, too! We saw giant fish in the aquarium, and jumped off the boat next to an island so we didn't have to pay to get on! I went parasailing that evening - a very bizarre experience. Yesterday, we went to a brilliant water park on the nearest island, which was practically deserted, so we had the rides to ourselves! We went on a crazy ride where you cycle upside down, and the Vietnamese people loved watching us westerners making fools of ourselves - we'll probably end up on Vietnamese YouTube soon lol. Today we relaxed and went to the mudbaths, and went to a Goldest Temple (same same as Buddhist but different), and tonight we're getting a sleeper bus to Hoi An!

Sorry it's such a rushed entry!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb