Day 4 - Theme Park


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
August 17th 2012
Published: August 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The little onesThe little onesThe little ones

The gang in the circus tent - waiting for the show
Day 4 and off we take the little ones to the Vietnamese Theme park. So we arrive at the orphanage and all 8 of the little ones are in the same clothes - so sweet. We take them in a minbus and that is an adventure for them to start with.

We arrive at the theme park and they are excited but scared to death and cling on to us like glue. Michelle decides that it is a good idea to take them on a little bus around the park so we can see what is there. This is a good idea as we see animals including elephants and the circus. Once we have had a ride around the park they are then given an ice cream each. It was so surprising as they did not know what to do with the icecream so we had to help them eat it.

Then off we go to the circus which was great, they had monkeys riding bikes, clowns, elephants doing tricks, bears (which I was not impressed by, but hey ho in Vietnam) and magic tricks.

After the circus we went for some food hoping it would have hamburgers but stupid or what of course they did not it was Vietnamese food i.e. rice.

We then went on boats on the lake which was great as they loved this and then off to the slides. This was amazing as they acted like they had never seen anything like this so guess what I had to show them how to go down one.

Buddha which we call one of the little ones as he is chubby and always smiles decided that he could escape and got through the railings but not only that he also comes back to show all the others how to escape - so we now had the great escape on our hands! i.e. eight of the little blighters escaping.

After the park we decided that we would take them on the carousel which was brilliant and then myself and Tram who is the volunteer organiser take Hung who is the big boy helping us on a big ride - he did not want to go as he was scared but hey ho we got him on it which was great - once back in the orphanage he was telling everyone about his scary
Lein and one of the little onesLein and one of the little onesLein and one of the little ones

Lein helps and is like their mother
ride! and his can of coke with his lunch, ahhhhh

Anyway off to Delat today so not sure if I can send a blog so you might have to do without me for a couple of days but will catch you up on what is going on later if I cannot get on wifi.

Keep well

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb