Day 2 - New Orphanage


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
August 14th 2012
Published: August 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well up and off for my Pho Bo (which is beef noodle soup) decided that I was in need of some vietnamese breakfast. We are trying to sort out where to go this week end we think it is going be delat. I need to book the overnight sleeper bus and there are so many of them just need to make sure it is a comfortable one as there are so many different companies with so many different standards of buses. Got a couple of guest houses in mind and waiting for a reply from one of them.

Well back at the new orphanage today and alot better as we took some playdo which went down really well with the kids. The only issue was the older kids came in and started taking the playdo of the young ones - so had to put a stop to this.

The kids then had their lunch and went for their nap - which was an issue in itself as there are some volunteers who come from Ireland who started banging nails in walls at the time the little ones were trying to sleep - don't think I made a good impression on them as I asked them if they could do this after 1pm when they finish their nap - only to be told they are going home tomorrow and need to get things done and know that nap routine but they need to bang holes in walls - sometimes people forget why they are here it is not for us.

Anyway we played colouring in this afternoon which again was better than just sitting in a room with them.

We have booked the bus to Delat for this weekend we were intending on going on the sleeper bus but have been warned that the roads are really bad to Delat as it is in the mountains so we decided that if we are informed by the Vietnamese it is not a good idea maybe we should listen to the warning.

We are back at the room now as both knackered - ths not working is so exhausting!

Forgot to mention yesterday had a western meal of burger and chips and guess what the chips were in batter and then fried - tasted real weird, ha ha

Hope everyone is ok


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th August 2012

looks like an amazing lifetime experience. all well here ,weetabix for breakfast!!!!!! lol, xxxx
15th August 2012

Marmite
I cannot wait to have marmite on toast!!!!
15th August 2012
Sleeping

aaaaaaw friggin cute
15th August 2012
Sleeping

Friggin cute
Bloody hot girl it is friggin hot over here and with a little one sleeping on you on a hard floor all I can say is bring on AC PLEASE!!!!!!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 35; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb