Day 9 - more Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 28th 2015
Published: July 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 9 - cycling in Hoi An and Cam Nam Island

Another easy start to the day with no alarm again. We packed bags before going down to breakfast as we are expecting a room move due to needing an extra night. This being because of not being able to get on the bus that we needed to. Therefore one extra day in Hoi An.

As it is an extra day, we had nothing planned. We had a really filling breakfast before making our plans for the day. It's raining today, not heavily, but enough to put us off going to the beach!

We agreed on getting a shower poncho and heading out on bikes. We have pin pointed a small island over the bridge called Cam Nam.

Before leaving we asked about arrangements for the room move, the hotel is full, so no room move, we can just stay where we are! Crazy!

We set off towards Japanese Bridge, then cycled to the left by the water front of Hoai River. We rode past some people went last night, I laughed as I made him jump by shouting, morning Geordie, as we flew by!

We cycled further than we had previously walked, passing through a really busy food market, then stalls all selling the usual stuff. We actually got off our bikes and had to walk through as it was so busy! Then back on our bikes over Cam Nam Bridge into the island.

We stopped at a tea shop for Vietnamese green tea whilst we regrouped the plan. The plan was to have no plan! Just cycle and see what unfolds.

We set off, the rain is very slight now, it's all very rural in comparison to the other side of the bridge, very much traditional Vietnam living with no heavy tourism. We saw some small pagodas on the way, with a few chickens and roosters thrown in for good measure. A special treat to come across was what looked like a village wedding. The give away was the photo of the bride and groom outside! It was a right good shin dig inside, with karaoke.... Of course.... OMG.... What a noise, but they were all clearly having a great time.

We continued on our bikes to what appeared to be the end of the island, turned around, but on the return journey we wove in and out of some back streets.

On we went until stumbling across a very nice Spa and massage place. We couldn't resist. We agreed on having an hour of whole body aroma therapy massage. I opted for a strong one, whilst Helen went medium. I could certainly hear a lot more hard slapping in my cubicle than I could hear from Helen's! It was soooo good. When it was over, every ounce of me tingled! It was well worth 200 dong (£5.80).

We set off again, completely chilled, stopping off at the cafe we stopped at on the way in, this time it was more Vietnamese green tea.... And a Choc-o-pie.... Or two! With and added toilet stop too. It was a footplate toilet, but clean. Helen hesitated at first, but did get a grip of herself.... and managed. More improvements there then... Lol

Off we went again, back over the bridge and into the market, more shopping....lol. The size and weight if our backpacks is becoming a worry... Ha ha, especially knowing that we have to ride with them in the back of our motorbikes for 6 days, later in the trip. We were going down the road and I spotted a cake shop, we did an emergency stop, and about turned .... Cake and cold lemon tea stop! Very nice tiramisu and green tea tiramisu cake please! Well, how could we not!

We got back to the hotel for a quick shift, and change in order to go out for a relaxing evening meal. We have already agreed that last nights food was so good, we would just have to go back for more! We had a bit of a meander through the streets on the way, but the saliva filled heights of the food took over! We handed up to Dac San Hoi An Restaurant to try a different menu. We stepped it up a notch by ordering a 5 dish set meal with a portion of Ram (spring rolls in rice paper) extra. It was to die for... again. We missed out the tea tonight and went for the lassi.... Good choice ! Reminded me of India!

A slow all home will just nicely finish it off, then shower and bed already for a new day of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



28th July 2015

Just had to!!,
Wasn't going to comment today....but just had to! First the poncho....true fashion item...love it! And then the cake....watch out Drewtons there is competition out there! Made me feel hungry now! Enjoy!
29th July 2015

Hi Angela
Thanks for the comments, it's great to see that people are enjoying following me! It has been a great 9 days so far, 43 to go! Woop woop!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb