Day 8 - A day at An Bang beach


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 27th 2015
Published: July 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - A lazy day at the beach

We got up this morning, au natural.... Yayyyy, no alarm clock. We went down foe breakfast which as a really nice change; a buffet breakfast.

We had discussed our plans for today last night. The plan is to get a bike and cycle 4km over to An Bang Beach.

Before we left we had to confirm our seat on the overnight bus to Nha Trang for tomorrow night, but sadly it is already fully booked. This is a bit of a pain, it just means that we will have to stay in the most amazing city of Hoi Sn with all its simply beautiful Japanese and Chinese influenced shops, bars, cafes and restaurants for an extra night! Ain't that a shame!

So, we did get booked onto the bus for the following night, with an extra night on the hotel. This did mean that I had to sit and fly off a few emails, but no harm done. I confirmed with the Hotel in Nha Trang that we would be there for only one night, which is not a problem, confirmed the 6 day motorbike your, just in case! And also tried again to get on local bike tour, but still booked up!

Then back to business. We went across the road to hire our bikes for the day. It was 30,000 dong each, about 80p. Off we went. Helen was a bit wobbly at first, but she got into it very quickly. We seemed to be cycling for no time at all, when we hit the beach. It is beautiful beyond belief. It is white sand, clean sea and beach, with a view to die for. You can see islands and mountains in the distance, and you don't even have to get off your sun lounger to see it!

We took a break from the sunbathing and dipping in the sea for an iced tea, then got straight back to the hard labour of getting a bit of sleep, whilst simultaneously tanning!

After snoozing for a couple of hours, we trawled ourselves up the steps for lunch of shrimp fried noodles and vegetable spring rolls, and more iced tea.

After lunch, about 3ish, we headed back for our bikes. Not being able to find the key to the bike lock in my lowly carrier bag was a panic for a few minutes, but the reason I couldn't find it was because it was in Helen's handbag!

We set off back with the intention of going over the Japanese bridge so that we could cycle to see what else was at the other side, but like a homing pigeon, we ended up back at the hotel.... By accident, so we took the bikes back, and settled for a rest and a cold drink!

We agreed to have a bit of personal hygiene time, shower, hair etc.... The luxury part is that there would be no rush for a change! Once back and showered, the results of today's work down on the beach. Helen has gone really red, but not actually burning; I am already s bit tanned, and am now a bit more tanned!

All done and dusted, we set off for the Japanese Bridge area as my handmade toes sure boots and flip flops are ready to be collected. I could walk around there all day, it has such a great vibe and feel about the whole area. We started over the 2nd bridge with a cocktail, sat talking to two Aussie couples. Then moving on, We randomly stumbled across different ancient houses and buildings to see.

I got my boots and flip flops, I must say, it's the first time that a pair of shoes have not been too tight until worn in. They got the first time I put them on! Very pleased. Helen did various bits of shopping, it came to time for our evenings so; today we stuck to eating local food. We had an axing set menu. Neither of us really knew what we were eating.Helen went for menu number 5, and I went for menu number 4. What a treat, it was like having Vietnamese tapas. We got 4 all dishes each, a lady came and demonstrated what to do with various parts of the food. We had to take bits of this and that, roll it in rice paper, then dip in the sauce.

I had a bit of s panic attack when I realised I had ran out of data on my phone and was back to strictly wifi, but it wasn't long before is aged to get topped up! I am going to be a bit more prudent with my data from now on, it's precious!

We took a slow stroll back to the hotel. It's a late night for us; we got home at 10pm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



28th July 2015

Now that's what I call a holiday!
Oh Lesley.....the blog and photos tell what a lovely place you are visiting. You look very happy and the tan is great! Enjoy! Take care! Can't wait for the motorbikes!!! Pouring with rain here....no chance of a tan!
28th July 2015

Now that's what I call a holiday!
Oh Lesley.....the blog and photos tell what a lovely place you are visiting. You look very happy and the tan is great! Enjoy! Take care! Can't wait for the motorbikes!!! Pouring with rain here....no chance of a tan!
28th July 2015

Now that's what I call a holiday!
Oh Lesley.....the blog and photos tell what a lovely place you are visiting. You look very happy and the tan is great! Enjoy! Take care! Can't wait for the motorbikes!!! Pouring with rain here....no chance of a tan!
28th July 2015

Now that's what I call a holiday!
Oh Lesley.....the blog and photos tell what a lovely place you are visiting. You look very happy and the tan is great! Enjoy! Take care! Can't wait for the motorbikes!!! Pouring with rain here....no chance of a tan!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb