Day 15????


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 21st 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Not sure what day it is, but think we still have 9 days left of our trip.

It has rained since arriving in Hoi An and plans of a boat trip along the river, a tour to My Son and various other activities have faded. We did however manage to visit the Tra Que Vegetable Village, fully organic and the farmers still work the fields manually. Enjoyed a basil seed tea and watched a tour group doing an impressive cooking class. Dan and I thought it was amazing how they grow beautiful herbs, veges etc with seaweed, water from the well, soil and that's pretty much it.

Met an Australian couple at lunch yesterday, who are travelling with a 9 (India) and a 2 year old (Ruby), and a Canadian couple with a 4 (Taylor) and 9 year old (Rylie). It was refreshing to hear they are also finding the early nights, children's behaviour, restrictions with kids etc a bit much some days.

Ended up having dinner and a few drinks with Greg and Robin (Canadians) at our hotel last night while all the kids watched movies and played. We had an excellent night, the kids were good, food was good and the company was great - so nice to have some 'adult' talk.

Off to Hue in a private car today, hoping the weather is much better there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb