Who knows what day it is anymore....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

The internet access is not great here so photos might have to come with the next blog.

Took a private (no Mum, we didn't drive) minivan to Hue yesterday and went the scenic route. It was lovely- stopped at Marble Mountain which had amazing caves and of course marble. Bought a jade marble braclet for myself and a few other trinkets for the kids. Lots of budha statues / dragons etc made out of marble and heaps of caves and steps leading to great views. Check out pic (when posted) of a naked Dan in front of a statue.......

Then it was up the mountains and through the Ha Van Pass. Great views, narrow road (finger nails in seat) and the climate changed instantly. Got out on top of the pass and it was foggy and freezing.

When we finally arrived in Hue (6 hours later as we made various stops and it would normally take aound 4), and surprise, surprise it was raining. Checked into out nice hotel - Orchid Hotel - had a quick dinner at the Japanese joint a few doors down and hit the sack.

Today we did the City
Crazy and dangerous cavesCrazy and dangerous cavesCrazy and dangerous caves

Not approved by Margie or Carol
Tour and went to 3 Emperor tombs which were fantastic. Had a crap lunch, went onto visit the amazing Citadel and then a pagoda. Took a very touristy 'Dragon Boat' back to the city and home for a dinner at a nice local place. Now in room, kids just watching Shrek the Halls and we'll be off to bed soon no doubt.

Oh, we did run into a suitably dodgey Vietnamese Santa next to our restaurant tonight and the kids had photos, so funny.

Shopping and checking out what's around our hotel tomorrow before our flight to Hanoi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd December 2009

Nude buddha?
Dear Lord, i hope Dan has clothes on in that Buddha photo!!! ;-)
3rd September 2010
Which one is the Budha?

Are you crazy? No smiles, no funnies just be angry!!!!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb