Uncle Ho Ho!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 5th 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I promised some more Uncle Ho, so here's some Uncle Ho Ho! Double Ho, with this Ho I'm spoiling you!

I now have my camera (with photos of some of the informaton displayed) so can let you know some of the things I found out at the Ho Chi MInh Museum. These are some of his quotes:

"Our people are inspired by ardent patriotism. This is an invaluable tradition of ours. At all times, whenever the Fatherland is invaded, this patriotism forms an immensely powerful wave sweeping away all dangers and difficulties and drowning all traitors and aggressors." (1951)

"To reap a return in ten years, plant trees, to reap a return in 100, cultivate the people" (1958)

"For nearly a century, the French imperialist colluded with the local feudalist to rule over our country in an extremely cruel manner. Right from the beginning, our people had risen up to fight against the French imperialist in order to win back national independence." (1959)

"In order to take the country to socialism it is necessary to develop economy and culture." (1960)

"The Vietnamese people cherish peace, but peace cannot be separated from national independence." (1965)

"I wanted to go overseas, to see how France and others look like. After knowing how people of these countries do for their homeland, I will come back to help our people.2 (1965)



Not Ho Chi Minh now, but I found this rather upbeat quote, unattributed from after World War II:

"The symbolic fireworks and architectural detail depict both the festive atmosphere associated with victory over facism and mankind's desire for peace. Other images highlight the building of new societies based on human happiness in people's democratic countries that are opposed to the cold war and to regional wars launched by aggressive forces. The success of the August 1945 revolution in Vietnam contributed to the shared victory, and the new world situtation also created favourable conditions for the struggle by the Vietnamese people." (year - dunno)



And now for some more up to date government quotes; this from the Documents of the 11th National Congress of the Communist Party of Viet nam:

"General objectives for 5 coming years is: continuing to increase the Party's leadership and fighting capacity, comprehensively accelerate the renewal process.... and lay a foundation for the country to become a modern industrialised country by 2020."


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb