Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
February 24th 2010
Published: March 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi MadnessHanoi MadnessHanoi Madness

One of the main street corners...
We landed in Hanoi after a short flight from Luang Prabang which saved us a long and uncomfortable bus journey. Surprisingly the flights were cheaper when booked through a travel agent in Luang Prabang than by ourselves online (US$60 cheaper)... something to note for future reference!

Natalie had developed a stomach upset over the past couple of days so after checking into our hotel, Dan went out for dinner with an Italian guy who we met on the flight. Ever since we started talking about travelling to Vietnam, Dan has always looked forward to trying their national dish, Pho, which is a beef noodle soup in a clear broth. What better place to sample this delight than in one of the many restaurants called Pho that lined the streets. Dan was not disappointed and even more so since it only cost 20,000 Dong (75p)!! With Nat in bed, Dan had a golden opportunity for a few sneaky beers with fellow travellers at one of the many bars in Hanoi’s Old Quarter. And at 15,000 Dong (50p) for a large bottle of beer, you are effectively saving money the more you drink!

The next day we explored Hanoi including the Hanoi Prison (nicknamed Hanoi Hilton) and local markets. The rest of the day was spent investigating the many options for a trip to Halong Bay the following day... more to follow in the next blog! Unfortunately Dan's camera is dying a slow death and was in for repair in Hanoi... hence the lack of photos in this blog.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb