Welcome to VietNam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 1st 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were up at 6am, packed and out the door by 7am. Luckily our bus stop was only a few hundred yards down from our hotel. We were boarded and at the border (Friendship pass) by around 11am. Leaving China was very easy and organised, as with entering it almost a month ago now. Entering Vietnam was not quite so organised or speedy; but we made it through eventually. No mishaps this time, it seems VietNam are more keen on taking Ollie than the Chineese.

We arrived in Hanoi at around 3:30pm, but something was missing. It appears that all the fun and games and the end of China meant we had not be able to pick up a copy of the bible. We were now in a strange city with no guidance! An English speaking tout got onto the bus and offered us her hotel; the rates were good and she offered free transport, so we hopped in. The rooms were nice and the hotel was in the old courter so we checked in.

We went to find a bookshop to pick up our new bible; not taking any chances again we also bought the bible for Laos and Cambodia and went for a nice meal next door. The rest of the day involved relaxing in the room, and then some late night food, 'pho' in the night market down the road from our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb