Back in Nanning!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Nanning
April 30th 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After some well needed sleep, we were awoken by the siren to tell us the boat had docked. We endured the traditional hassle of the taxi drivers (but the all seem to do it in good spirits) and got a ride to the train station. We arrived at about 6:30am and we think the driver told us it would be open at 7am, so we waited outside, sheltering from the rain. A lady who spoke no english whatsoever tried to send us on her bus. As it was now 7:30am and there seemed to be no life in the station in seemed mighty tempting. But we stuck with our plan, as we knew the hotel where we would stay for the second time was right outside the station in Nanning.

Eventually the station opened at 8:30am and we got a train just before 10am. Well all felt groggy, and there was not much communication between us. Ollie was still mapping out toilets on our journey!

It had been a hell of a long couple of days, and after securing a bus ticket to Hanoi, VietNam, we ate at our favourite dumpling place (favourite cause you can point and its rediculously cheap), and we hit the hay for the afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb