Hué 5/2-8/2 - 13


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế
February 8th 2013
Published: May 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was my 2. time in Hué. First time was with Bo on our long stretch north, this time I was there with Mikko, a Finnish guy, I met on the sleeper bus from Hanoi. The bus ride was horrible, but we had a blast talking to each other most of the trip, sonce it was almost impossible to get some sleep. We had decided to travel together and share a room in Hoi An, when we got there. We also ended up sharina doubble bunk bed in Hué Backpackers, because there were no more available beds, so instead they transferred the bed, that I had made reservations for, into a doubble bunk bed, which was interesting, but not a problem, since we had been "spooning" in the night bus all the way from Hanoi anyway. We went out and saw the "Citadel", which I had looked forward to seeing again, and which still amazed me, and I was happy, that I had more time to explore it this time. We went to bed early, since er both had trips early the next morning. And then we ended up having the worst night in a doorm room ever. The couple in the upper part of the bunk bed were fucking, so that the entire bed moved, and woke us up. Their friends came into the room screaming, there were some other guys in the room screaming, a guy puked over the floor, and another pied on the floor. Definitely not the best night. The next day I went to see the "Paradise Cave". It was a really nice trip with a big and amazing cave, eventhough it took about 14 hours, and most of it was spend in a car, it was definitely worth it, but I do love caves a lot. The main room in the cave is about the size of a concert hall, so it's definitely a big one, and from there there is a path deeper in to the cave and a lot of beautiful formations. The next day we rented a motorbike and went out to see a mausoleum, "The Tomb oKhai Dinh" and it was a beautiful one, really big and with a palace as a part of it, and it was very well-preserved. After that we went to see another one, but on the way there we met a Vietnamese man, who invited us to drink some tea at his place in a small village, afterwards he showed us the way to another mausoleum, which was the one, that I'd already seen, besides it was getting late, so we wouldn't have time to see it, so instead we drove back to some small, none touristed, but still very beautiful, mausoleums.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb