Preparations for Buddha day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 15th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Apparently its a special day in the Buddhist calendar tomorrow and people will be coming and going today making preparations.
Fin arrives with her grandparents before we have finished breakfast and is quite happy to sit and finish Jai's egg on toast - she gets nowhere near mine !
Its dry this morning and there is even a glimpse of sun so I am off to Phon Thong and the internet. I bring this blog up to date and publish everything for the first time. I have an e-mail from friend George saying that he will be back in Thailand this coming weekend and back in Khamnadie next Tuesday. Not sure he will be welcomed by all ...
Back at home I find Jai and Fin's other grandmother, Yai Dare, making 'kanom' ready to take to the temple tomorrow morning.
In the afternoon we go to visit George's wife, Wan, who isnt happy about him coming back. She has been really busy in our absence with her business making stuff with mat pieces and this means that Jai will have plenty of work. We leave with a bundle of died grass for Jai to start straight away.
Late afternoon I start to bag up the grass that I have cut and then bike it out towards the farm dumping by the side of the track along the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb