Who nicked my bananas ?!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 1st 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Watch MK Dons 1v3 Chelsea but as the game was so one-sided I gave up at halftime and went back to sleep. Only finished 1v5 apparently so I guess the second half was dreadful so wise move.
Take Jai to next doors farm to check on the charcoal progress then I bike into Phon Thong for internet.
Jai & Ang now have 15 sacksof charcoal ready for sale and still have some wood from our first loads left to burn to make more. Work has stopped at the moment as it was a bit windy and damp and neighbours were complaining about the smell.
In the afternoon we bike to our farm to pick our latest bunch of bananas which should now be ready. Unfortuately someone else had already spotted that they were ready and they are gone. 8 hands of about 20 bananas a hand, what a shame ... It also looks as though someone has been sleeping in our farm shelter as there is a large mosquito net hung up to air. Sorry, but your net wont be there tonight, its been confiscated !!!
In the evening someone from the village 'ministers' office comes around collecting the anual land tax for the farms. They go to the houses either side of us but dont come here. We call them in to be told that there is no paperwork for Jai so she doesnt have to pay anything. Sounds OK at face value but I dont trus these guys an inch.
This evening I dug ad we boiled our first baby beetroot. They are stil a bit small really but we have a lot to get through in the next month or so ... Our carrots are also looking good so I pull of these and we decide that even as they are still small we should start to eat these as well. First one gets eaten straight from the ground and is lovely and sweet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.629s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb