Bangkok visitors arrive ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 29th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Into Phon Thong again primarily to sort out the basics for Cambodia trip. Get flight tickets and a few hotels booked and a minibus between two places that apparently gets busy and its just about sorted.
I try the rugby TV site and it works again. Fingers crossedfor the new year and the remainder of the season. Watch Quins 39 v 39 Gloucs from Twickers and a really entertaining match - if I ignore Gloucs injuries.
Get back to house to find that Jai's daughter Jiap had just called to say that they were sat in traffic trying to get out of Bangkok and would be with us later. Actually arrive about 16:00 minus Jai's son who has been dropped off at his in-laws to see daughter Fin. As usual Jiap has brought stacks of food including a cool box full of large fish.
Walk up the road and make my weekly report to mum and about 10mins after getting back to the house the postman delivers a 'Happy New Year' card from her. Good timing.
It doesnt take long before the charcoal burner is fired up and one of the fish is sacrificing itself on the hot coals. Jiap asks Jai's family from next door who I dont talk to or even look at if I can help it so I get myself something to eat then retire to the TV leaving them to it. Jai's son doesnt put in an appearance probably sleeping as Jiap had picked him up from work on completion of a night shift whe they left Bangkok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb