New gas cooker burners


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 10th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

It is a national holiday again today. With the Kings birthday holiday on Monday and today the local schools thought that they might just as well close for the whole week.
After breakfast we biked to next door's farm to get a couple of sacks of rive husks from their mill. We scatter them around the young veggies to preserve moisture, keep the weeds down and when they rot away to become a fertilizer.
As we are leaving the houseJai's brother Sai parks his pick-up on their front and walks towards the house. I notice that the truck starts to move again and although I shout to him there is nothing he can do other than watch as well. The pick-up slowly backs straight across the road and into a narrow driveway in the house opposite without touching a thing. So lucky that nothing was comiong along the road and a couple of foot either way and it would have ploughed into a wall. In his shoes I would have gone and bought a lottery ticket !!
o easily pass beneath them. So what do they do ? Not stack the lorries so high perhaps ? No. Get someone to walk besides the lorries with a longh bamboo cane and lift the electric cables over the sugar as the lorry passes under. Even more dangerous, is when someone sits on top of the sugar and helps the electric cables pass over using their hands !! I dont even like watching at times ...
Jai has decided we are having spaghetti for lunch for a change and whilst she is in the kitchen preparing a sauce the postman visits with Christmas cards from Michelle, Tom and Carol. Thanks folks. The only postmark I could read was 3 Dec so a 7 day delivery seems quite impressive.
The spaghetti was good but portion size remains an issue and I dont think I will be moving much this afternoon !
We have been having problems with the burners on our gas cooker for a few months. The one coughs and sputters whilst the other turns the pans black. There are usually plenty of pick-ups passing the house offering gas products etc ... except when you actually want one of course. This afternoon Jai spots uch a truck and a quiet chap who actually looks as though he knows what he is doing replaces both our burners. I told Jai that I now expected better cooking ... this went down well needless to say !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb